San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
October 15, 1986
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Neil Finn, Linda Gorman, Jeff Rigdon, and Cameron Stevenson.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of August 15.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance is $3241.16, while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. There is some confusion about the true balance, since three races have requested refunds on sanction fees, and two races have been assessed additional fees.
- The Board unanimously approved Lolitia Bache as Women's Track and Field Chairman.
- The Chairman reported on a Long-Distance Running Committee meeting which discussed a verbal protest by race director Neil Finn and race consultant Bill Stock that Peter Kanfer, an Athletics Congress registrant from Pasadena, did not run the full course of the America's Finest City Half Marathon. The board reviewed videotapes taken on the race course.
- Linda Gorman announced that the Junior Olympics Cross Country Championship will be November 22. She further reported that Darcy Arreola had returned a check from SDIAC for the Juniors 10K Road Championship.
- The Board discussed delegates for the TAC/USA convention.
- The Chairman discussed the Association Cross Country Championships and awards for that race.
- The Board unanimously approved a motion by the Chairman that SDIAC establish the Arnie Robinson Award for presentation at the annual awards ceremony for the field event performance of the year.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:13 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley