San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
April 18, 1990
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Cindy Cohagen, Linda Gorman, Jeff Rigdon, Bill Stock, Dorothy Stock, plus two guests from KNSD-TV, Mike McCarthy and Paul Schreiber.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of February 21.
- The Board approved Gorman's motion for an additional $100 for the hospitality suite for the Association Committee workshop.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $13,910.17 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. Some Challenge Series checks remain outstanding.
- McCarthy and Schreiber proposed that Channel 39 sell sponsorships to a TAC Challenge Series Update campaign. These Updates would be commercial announcements which would promote upcoming championship races with short commercials by title or participating sponsors. In addition, the station would contribute to the Challenge Series prize purse.
- The Board rejected Bill Stock's motion that SDIAC not release its membership list to the Lions-Padres race organization, who had requested it for a mailing. The Board passed Bache's motion to allow the use of the list if safeguarded to ensure one time use. The Board then approved Cohagen's motion to extend the authorization to all Challenge Series races.
- The Board approved Shirley's motion to authorize Cohagen and the President to negotiate and execute agreements for the KNSD-TV proposal.
- The Board discussed insurance certificate costs. For the AFC Half Marathon, current charges would be $15 each for nine certificates on the local sanction, compared to three at $9 each for a national sanction. The sense of the Board was to allow the President to continue to set the certificate costs.
- Bache reported on progress on the Junior Olympics Track and Field meet June 3 at SDSU at 8:00 a.m.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:19 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley