San Diego USATF
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
2820 Camino del Rio South 130
February 20, 2002
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Allen Bowman, Paul Greer, Lillian Mahoney, Toni Mitchell, Arnie Robinson, Joy Sargis, Joni Shirley, Jim Skelly, Elizabeth Tate, Pat Thiss, and Chuck Woolsey.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of December 19, 2001.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $2179.30 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. The balance includes checks for the Awards Dinner.
- The President reported on the Awards Dinner. Some plaques still need to be distributed. The Board discussed the location for 2003, with the consensus being to continue at the Bayview Club. More promotion is needed.
- Bernard reported on the USATF 50K Racewalk Championship. 16 started, 2 did not finish, 3 were disqualified. Susan Armenta not only set an American Record at 4:39:40, but set a 25K record en route.
- Bowman and Sargis discussed the Association Track & Field Championships (Senior and Masters), but no date or location has been set. UCSD is preferred if available.
- Sargis will be resigning as Women’s Track & Field Chairman when a replacement is found.
- Robinson noted the difficulty in finding sites for youth meets. Track rentals are $1500 and up for Escondido or Balboa Stadium. The President appointed Robinson to represent San Diego USATF on the Balboa Stadium Board if it is reconstituted.
- The Board noted that Mebrahtom Keflezighi repeated as 12K Cross Country Champion.
- Greer noted that Bob Larsen and Joe Vigil had expressed interest in having the USATF Cross Country Championships in San Diego.
- Skelly reported on the officials certification workshop. 45 attended. The Association has 79 certified officials. On April 5, Jay Silvester will be holding an elite throwers clinic, followed by a meet at UCSD.
- Pat Thiss offered to help cover track & field for Sargis.
- The meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley