San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
August 16, 1989
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:25 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Dixon Farmer, Ed Oleata, Bob Sieben, and Bill Stock.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of June 21.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $13,314.87 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000.
- Oleata reported on the SDIAC Masters Track and Field Championships. The net income for the meet from entry fees over expenses, other than medals (which the Association paid for), was $63. Oleata volunteered to direct the meet for 1990.
- Oleata reported on the limited-schedule all-comers meet of August 10, and suggested continuing efforts to host low-key meets, possibly expanding for next year. Bernard suggested that Oleata draft a specific proposal for the next meeting.
- Bernard reported that the wind gauge had arrived the day of the meeting and that it looks good.
- Farmer reported on the National Masters Track and Field Championships, referring to them as a "lifetime experience". He applauded the volunteers.
- Bernard referred to an item from the June meeting, noting that the "Doggy Dash" was not sanctioned.
- Bernard stated that the deadline for registering for the TAC National Convention is October 16. Bache, Bernard, Farmer, and Shirley voiced interest in being delegates.
- Oleata expressed a desire to have the Senior National Decathlon Championships in San Diego as soon as possible. Fred Samara is the National meet coordinator.
- The Board approved a motion by Shirley to reimburse Keith Jeffers the $25 registration fee for the US M40 1600m Relay team at the WAVA Championships in Eugene.
- The meeting adjourned at 9:09 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley