San Diego-Imperial Athletics Congress
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Balboa Park Hall of Champions
October 18, 1989
- President Ken Bernard called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. In addition to the President and Secretary, the attendees were Lolitia Bache, Cindy Cohagen, Linda Gorman, Jeff Rigdon, and Bob Sieben.
- The Board approved the minutes of the meeting of August 16.
- The President gave the Treasurer's report. The checking account balance was $16,802.77 while the certificates of deposit were another $16,000. Outstanding checks were approximately $1300.
- The President announced that the following planned to attend the TAC/USA convention in Washington DC and would be named as delegates from SDIAC: Lolitia Bache, Ken Bernard, Jim Cerveny, Dixon Farmer, David Pain, Graeme Shirley, and Judy Stolpe.
- The President reported on new procedures for the 1990 membership year, beginning Nov. 1, 1989. Athletes may now file their membership in an association other than the one they are joining. The charge will be $12. The national office will remit part of this fee to both associations, according to a published schedule. SDIAC's fee is $10 for adults, $7 for youth.
- The Board approved Bache's motion to award Alisa Harvey $200 travel expenses to the 1989 TAC 8K Road Championship. The money would come from women's LDR funds. Harvey may have been misled by advertising which misstated the eligibility requirements for the travel award from the SDIAC 8K Road Championship. Jeanne Lasee Johnson won the Championship to earn the travel award. See the April 19 minutes.
- The President applauded Cohagen for her efforts in increasing memberships in 1989. The total reached 956. SDIAC will do a similar mailing for 1990.
- Gorman discussed the November 4 Junior Olympics Cross Country Championships at UCSD. Bernard noted the imposition of parking fees on campus.
- The President noted that the responsibility for submitting TAC grant proposals is now with the submitter. TAC/USA will no longer solicit proposals.
- Cohagen reported on applications for designation in the Challenge series. The board approved the same championships as 1989, save for naming the Carlsbad 5000 the 5K road championship.
- Rigdon reported that the president of the San Diego Track and Field Officials Association is Cameron Dawson (nee Stevenson).
- The meeting adjourned at 8:50 p.m.
Web Page Created by Graeme Shirley